PhDSeek.com has now closed.
PhDSeek.com launched in early 2008 to provide a dedicated place on the web for Australian universities and institutes to self-manage and list their PhD scholarships, projects and programs at no cost, based on a belief that Australia is a fantastic place to learn and discover and to help encourage people to take up research roles here, in an effort to elevate Australia’s research capabilities.
During its decade of operation the website saw:
- Over 1,700 individual listings by Australia universities and institutes
- More than 650 individual lecturers, researchers and administrative staff register to list positions
- In excess of 1,000 verified email enquiries made by prospective candidates to advertisers through the website
- Over 300,000 unique user visits
- More than 1.34m page views
- Over 1,600 subscribes for automated listing updates via Feedburner (1,500 emails)
The decision to close down the site has not been made lightly. Effectively a side-project for the me, the time and resources required to maintain the platform to ensure its continued running are not available.
The domain name will remain registered for the foreseeable future. If you are interested in taking it over, please reach out via the contact option.
To all of the universities and institutions that have utilised the website over the years, thank you for your interest and I hope that the site was of benefit to you in finding candidates to fill roles.